2. In this policy, the words “we” or “us” refer to Banxso PROPRIETARY LIMITEDs.
3. This policy applies to any person/s who visit/s our website, or a person who has requested products from us.
4. This is a statement to tell you what our policy is regarding any and all information that we record about you. It covers both information that could identify you, and information that could not.
5. We are committed to protecting your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all users of our website and applications are quite rightly concerned to know that their data will not be used for any purpose, unintended by them, and/or will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party. Our policy is both specific and strict. It complies with South African law, specifically the Protection of Personal Information Act No 4 of 2013, as amended (“POPI”). If you think our policy falls short of your expectations, or that we are failing to abide by our policy, please contact our Information Officer and Deputy Information Officers at [email protected]
6. Except as set out below, we do not share, sell, or disclose to a third party, any personally identifiable information collected by us.
7. By accepting this policy, you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all of its terms, and you consent to providing us with your information voluntarily.
8. Personal information includes:
8.1. Certain information that we collect automatically when you visit our website, or use our application, including but not limited to;
8.2. Name and surname;
8.3. E-mail address;
8.4. Contact details;
8.5. Company name;
8.6. Registration number;
8.7. VAT number; and
8.8. Postal and street address.
What Information we collect from you, what we use it for, and who we share it with
9. Where you utilise services or purchase products from our website, we collect personal information from you, including but not limited to, your name, telephone number and physical address. This information is used to fulfil your order and this information is made available to our employees and agents, to complete your order.
10. Should you contact Banxso PROPRIETARY LIMITED, requesting information, or in order to utilise services, or purchase products, your personal information is stored on a secured server.
11. Your personal information is not used for marketing, or advertising, and will not be distributed to third parties without your prior consent.
12. Where you register to receive notifications and/or advertisements, we will collect your personal information, including your name, contact details and your e-mail address. We will use this information to provide you with the information you require, and provide any related information which we believe may be relevant to you.
14. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all the abovementioned information and of the terms of our relationship. The information collected by us is not used for any other purpose, other than what is stated above.
15. We shall not, under any circumstances, divulge your details to any person, who is not an employee or contractor of ours, and who does not need to know the information you have provided us with, either generally or specifically.
16. You may only send us your own personal information, or the information of another person, where you have their permission to do so.
17. We may use your personal information to fulfil our obligations to you. Such obligations include providing you with products (through sale), advising you of specials and current advertisements, in respect of our products and delivering our products to you. We may send administrative messages and email updates to you about the website periodically.
18. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive through your web browser when you visit any website. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
19. Like all other users of cookies, we may request the return of information from your computer, when your browser requests a web page from our server. Cookies enable our web server to identify you to us, and to track your actions and the pages that you visit whilst you use our website. The cookies we use may last for a single visit to our site (they are deleted from your computer when you close your browser), or may remain on your computer until you delete them, or until a defined period of time has passed.
20.1. to allow essential parts of our website to operate for you;
20.2. to collect information about how visitors use our website. This cookie collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website, where visitors have come to the website from, the pages they visited; and
20.3. to store your personal information, so that you do not have to provide it afresh when you visit the website next time.
21. When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint. If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact another person, we may decide to give to that person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and, if we do, what that information is.
22. We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
23. We take the security of personal information very seriously and always do our best to comply with applicable data protection laws. All personal information is protected on our server, and is password-protected. Only Banxso PROPRIETARY LIMITED, senior IT technicians and our IT service provider have open access to this information.
24. We treat your personal information in a confidential manner at all times and will only share such information with the individuals who require some in order to provide the services/requests of the person who provided the personal information, and with your consent.
Disclosure to government and their agencies
25. We may disclose personal information, if required:
25.1. by a subpoena or court order;
25.2. to comply with any law;
25.3. to protect the safety of any individual, or the general public; and
25.4. to prevent violation of our customer relationship terms.
Compliance with the laws
Review or update personally identifiable information
28. At any time you may review or update the personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by contacting us. To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity, before granting access or making corrections to your information.
How long do we keep your information
29. We only keep your information for as long as it is necessary, for the purpose for which we collected the data unless:
29.1. retention is required or authorised by law; and
29.2. you have consented to the retention of the information.
30. Personal information, when destroyed, will be in accordance with applicable legislation, including POPI.